Monday, January 2, 2012
2012 has arrived
I did not get all the days leading up to christmas journaled, I did not mail the christmas cards until after christmas, I did not get the house all cleaned before New Years or get all the holiday baking done that I wanted to, but in my reflection on the past year I realize that these things are like specks of dust compared to all I did do. I made it through what is likely to be the most difficult year of my life. I watched my mother lose an ugly battle with Cancer and I managed to find the strength to keep going. If I'm being honest, it was likely more God's strength then my own, because I don't think I could have survived that time on my own, but never the less I made it and I am here in a New Year. I have so much to be thankful for and so many opportunities every day to honor the life my mom lived. My mom is my guardian in Heaven while I am her guardian here on Earth protecting her family and caring for them the best that I can. There is not a day that goes by I don't wish for just one more minute or one more hour, or one more "I Love You", but I know she will live forever in my heart and my memories and that brings enough comfort to make it to the next day. I don't know when if ever life will feel "normal" again, but no matter what I will take every opportunity to enjoy it because that is what she would have wanted. It's hard to really put into words what 2011 was to me and what I hope 2012 will be, but I can say that no matter what happens I will trust God and his plan for me and find peace in knowing that one day I will see my mom again. <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment